Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Le Sigh

Writing extinguishes the fire in my brain. I have always been an avid writer, it's just that lately I haven't been doing it as much as I used to. I am a pretty opinionated individual and I refuse to let things go without having something crazy to say. My writing has definitely gotten me places, I have written for my high school paper since freshman year, garnered a perfect score in the essay portion of my SATs and got admitted to three top universities in the West Coast. I also got into serious trouble my junior year in high school because of a blog I posted online which eventually led to my dismissal from my prep school in Guam and prompted me to transfer during my senior year to another high school and start over. My mother always warned me about the kind of material that I write about and to just refrain from using too much explicit content, eheh, well say what again, ma? I attended the University of California-Riverside my freshman year and transferred to the University of California Los Angeles my sophomore year and was part of the Arts and Entertainment Staff of my campus publication. It was a fun job and got to write concert/cd/movie and book reviews which I ultimately loved, but I wanted to change things a bit. I had an issue with the UC administration and wrote an open letter to the President of the University of California, which addressed not only my concern but others' as well. Administration wasn't too happy with it and had me out of the newspaper staff. Le sigh. Next stop: Flagler College? The Gargoyle? ahah no thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment