Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My 2nd Helping of COM 210

Well what can I say about COM 210? Man oh man, to be perfectly honest I was not at all that excited to be taking this class for the second time around. When I first took it with Ms. Sarkio, I would have to admit that I was pretty discouraged and I really wanted out of the Com major. As much as I love to write random ramblings here and there, it's just unfortunately not my forte.

Enough boo-hoos Marie, re-taking COM 210 was not as bad as I thought it would be. I actually did a lot better than I thought I would, maybe the candies amped up my writing ability- who knows? AP style is such a pain in the butt though, seriously. In high school, we were all just taught MLA and I mastered it like no other, but AP on the other hand is a whole different story- I felt like an elementary school kid who was trying to learn how to spell. The minor mistakes I have omitted were pretty pathetic and I get so upset at myself.

Aside from the whole AP style issue, I think my writing style has become more cool and distinct- far from perfect and honestly, I don't want it to be too polished anyways because my aim is to bring myself out through my writing and I want my readers to enjoy it as well.

Through this course I have also come to realize that I work better under pressure because I am definitely pushed to do it and I have no choice but to exert as much effort as I possibly can.

Because of this course, I also care a lot more about what is going on around me- and in the media. For awhile I just shut myself out from the mainstream and had my own thing going on and just read textbooks- but seriously, I do need to know what is going on out there!

Prof. Eaton is quite a rockin instructor and I like his humor and how he incorporates it with stuff that I really don't feel like learning, which in the end makes me have a desire to learn it. In this class, what you see is what you get- and I definitely benefited a lot, way far from discouraged I must say which is totally a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment